Hi and Ni Hao!! Thank you for stopping by.
I am Rukmini (Rukku/Ruks for short). I currently live in Taipei, a city I promptly fell in love with, the first time I got here in 2014. It resonated of London, and Mumbai, a city I grew up in. Speaking of cities, I have lived in Hyderabad, the city of Nawabs, Bristol (UK) and Hong Kong in the recent past, and each occupies a special place in my heart.
I used to work in the corporate field, until earlier this year, when I decided to call it quits, and move to Taiwn to be with my husband, The Scientist. Now I use my brain cells (which were rusting due to lack of unuse) in the academic world, and provide much needed stimulation to this Aries girl.
I have varied interests, not limited to, but including:
- Indian Classical music (my eternal love)
- Reading (I read voraciously, and perhaps devour anything and everything)
- Cooking/baking (Cooking from school times, but baking is a new love) and all manner of experiments in the kitchen
- Discussing (thus making me the argumentative Indian?!)
- Composting and gardening (we need to do our bit for the environment and times we live in)
- Fitness (another newbie, I got inspired by Rujuta Diwekar’s no-nonsense approach to eating well, and am enthusiastic about strength training, yoga, swimming, badminton, and running (in that order))
- Travelling (though I have recently realised I’d prefer to stay in place for a longish while to really know it well, rather than take a package, and see the “spots”)
- Learning new languages (currently learning Chinese, which started more with getting-by here, but discovering I really look forward to the class)
- Homeopathy – a perfect discipline – the more I know, the more I need to know…
- …..and whatever else that happens to catch my fancy!!